***SPOILER ALERT: This post contains spoilers about the book.***
Continuing the theme of being a nerd, this could be the 10th reason why I am a (proud) nerd.
I love the book Life if Pi by Yann Martel. It’s my favourite book of all time.
I love it so much I have two copies: hardcover and an illustrated version.
I also have a t-shirt:
- I love animals. Life of Pi features animals. A lot.
- Pi is a loveable character and I love the origin of his name.
- Pi finds and experiences the beauty in all the religions he investigates. Why can’t we all do the same?
- A boy stranded in the ocean in a boat with a tiger? How original and creative!
- A tiger named Richard Parker? See point 4 above.
- Maybe I’m a doofus, but I didn’t foresee the twist at the end at all. A book with a pleasant surprise is always awesome.
- I think the concept of believing the story you want to believe is brilliant. I bet we do this more often than we realize.
- I would love to meet Pi and go out for coffee with him. That’s a sign of a good character.
- Yann Martel is Canadian. 🙂 I wrote to him and he wrote back!
- The message throughout: Animals, including humans, can be both beautiful and brutal. And everywhere in between.
What is your favourite book, and why?
If you read Life of Pi, did you like it too? I’d especially like to hear if you didn’t like it, and why!