Hello. My name is Dory. I think I was named after some fish in a movie.
But for all dolls like me, I’m living the dream!
My dirt and smudges and half-broken eyelid are all passionately sought-after and revered by dolls around the world!
They are signs that I Belong to Someone.
They are signs I am “played with.”
I had no idea what this “played with” concept meant. My life until I met Child was spent in a box. But being “played with” is a joy beyond compare! It involves:
- Going for walks in a baby stroller.
- Sliding (or, rather, being thrown down) slides and staircases.
- Participating in pirate adventures.
- Being held rather (too) tightly around the neck at all times when Child is mobile.
- Wearing as many hair ties as possible on my wrist and arm as fashion bracelets.
- Losing all my clothes in the midst of the fun and frivolity.
But there are two things that make me most happy.
- I have a NAME on the bottom of my foot. I cannot describe how complete that makes me feel. (Child watched a movie once about a cowboy toy with a name on his foot and I totally get how he felt.)
- I have the honour of being the Chosen One to sleep with Child every night.
Sometimes I hear Child’s Mother mutter how I need to be “washed.” I have a feeling that means getting rid of my dirt and stains and smudges.
I hope she puts off “washing” me as long as she can. Because I’m not dirty and creey-looking. I’m loved.