It’s November. Where I live it can be a pretty dreary month.
- It’s dark when you wake up and dark at dinner time.
- Clouds. Lots of grey clouds.
- Most people (especially those with small kids) are hungover from Halloween.
- There’s no statutory holiday! What’s with that?
- It is spelled: W-I-N-T-E-R-I-S-C-O-M-I-N-G.
November reminds me of oatmeal. You need something that warms the belly yet it is downright void of flavour on its own.
Don’t get me wrong–I love oatmeal! But I gotta add something to it. I usually add cinnamon and berries. Cocoa is good, too. What can we add to November to liven it up?
- My husband’s birthday! And the birthdays of everyone else who was born in November! Birthdays are awesome.
- Poppies. To remember. And also to appreciate their vivid redness and beauty.
- It’s NaNoWriMo:National Novel Writing Month! I’m going to try to write a whole novel by November 30. Why not try? Courage! My personal weaknesses: perfection and self-editing. For me, this NaNoWriMo will be about writing with abandon!
- This month is CANSCAIP‘s Packaging Your Imagination conference. It will be my first time attending and I’m über-excited.
- Oh yeah, there’s an election happening in the USA. Depending on your views, this might be like adding arsenic to your oatmeal…
So there we go. November ain’t so bad, with copious cinnamon and berries.