Here are seven reasons why it is a bizarre night here in Starbucks:
- After I placed my order the barista asked me, very sincerely, “And how was your day today?”
- The cinnamon is gone. Did that cinnamon-stealing kid I saw a few weeks ago strike again?
- A couple brought a huge, adorable dog into the shop. The couple had a hushed but heated argument. Then they left (with their dog).
- There is a family reunion of sorts occurring at the table beside me.
- A teenage girl just came into the shop wrapped in a big Franklin the Turtle blanket.
- I am bored with the story I am writing. Not a good sign.
- I have an urge to read a trashy romance novel.
The night is getting interesting. Should I order another coffee?