I can’t sleep. Just me and the furnace are awake.
Here is what my brain is thinking:
- Three cars have driven by in the past 5 minutes. Where could they possibly be going?
- Campfires are awesome.
- My eyes feel kinda dry.
- When your phone screen is on, the rest of the room looks extra dark.
- Red licorice would be good right about now.
- I like how my daughter’s hair bounces when she runs.
- I can hear my pulse in my ears.
- My son snores funny.
- Are there equal colours of Smarties in each box? I have a feeling there’s not.
- Maybe there IS a monster in my closet. It’s probably SLEEPING, which is something I’d like to be doing…
- There goes the furnace again.
- Why are poodles’ fur so curly?
- I’ve had my pyjamas for a long time.
- Snap-crackle-pop is exactly what Rice Krispies do!
- Paying attention to your thoughts before 5 a.m. is like having a conversation with a drunk person.