Today is June 1, the beginning of my favourite month of the year.
Why do I love June? Here are six reasons:
- It’s spring! The sun is warm! The grass is green! Flowers are blooming! (Wait, have I used up four reasons already?! I must be excited.)
- Bumblebees are out and about after their winter-long stasis. (Although I haven’t seen many thus far this year, making me somewhat worried…)
- There is the anticipation of summer.
- I can drink iced tea and not feel like it’s out of season.
- Daylight stretches until 9:30 or 10 pm, meaning I can sit on the porch and read for a bit after the kiddies are in bed.
- Three awesome ladies were born in June: my mom, my aunt, and my grandma (I miss you!).
- The month reminds me how lucky I am to have found my husband, since our anniversary is in June.
- The name “June” with its “oo” sound is gentle-sounding and pleasing to say. And I find that’s what June usually is: it’s gentle and pleasing.